Thursday, March 22, 2012

Chicken & Lentils

This recipe is so super easy, you wont believe it! I love this and it is very healthy. Lentils are one of the healthiest foods you can eat.... and they're delicious to boot!


Ingredients:
Chicken breasts (pounded out slightly thinner- about 1inch thick) broken into pieces-I do this after its cooking
1 can of lentils, drained (you can use dry if you prefer, follow package instructions to hydrate)
1 package of sliced baby bella mushrooms (omit if you don't like mushrooms)
1/4 cup chicken broth (I use low sodium)
salt, pepper, onion & garlic powders, to taste


Directions:
season both sides of chicken with all 4 dry ingredients
heat 1 TBS of olive oil in a skillet
brown chicken on both sides, about 2 mins on each side
add lentils, mushrooms, chicken broth, and 1 tbs olive oil (this is when I break up the chicken)
mix all together and let cook until chicken in cooked through- about 15-20 mins
Done! told you it was easy!

ENJOY!


*I sometimes make the same recipe with a can of black beans instead, leaving out the mushrooms. It is also very delicious!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! It seems easy and I like the picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Indy!
      Let me know how you like it if you make it!
      Blessings,
      Leah

      Delete